The Cohill Foundation
The Cohill Foundation allows art to be an outlet for children when words fail. Our goal is to utilize the creative process to help people explore self-expression and, in doing so, find new ways to gain personal insight and develop new coping skills
Meet the CEO/Founder of The Cohill Foundation
Lakisha Cohill was born in Birmingham, AL and and graduated with a Degree in Psychology from University of Alabama at Birmingham. She is a seasoned, compassionate, and dedicated mental health professional equipped with broad-based experience in counseling, psychology, and mentoring.
Lakisha Cohill is also owner of H&C INK LLC (Cinematography Company) and Content Creator for Kinigra Deon Enterprise and Family. For the past 10 years, she has used her experience and creativity to connect and mentor At-Risk and Disadvantaged youth. While mentoring, Lakisha learned many youth struggle with expressing their emotions. She felt compelled to change the trajectory and help create outlets for youth to deal with their traumatic experiences and regulate their emotions. Lakisha formed the Cohill Foundation which uses art to help youth gain self-understanding, learn better coping methods, ways to process their emotions, and work through their problems.
"Use your creativity to tap into your internal power for external growth and healing."
~ Lakisha Cohill
The Cohill Foundation Art Therapy is designed to:
- PROMOTE - Creativity for youth to grow personally, socially, and professionally
- DEVELOP - Leadership, character, and relationships among young people by connecting them with opportunities to serve their community and other areas of need
- IMPROVE - Educational opportunities for program participants.
- MENTOR - Foster youth’s well-being by enhancing social, emotional, and cognitive skills
- SHOWCASE - Program participants work, skills, and abilities
The Cohill Foundation helped my child process his emotions. He is now able to express when he is upset or sad without misbehaving. Thanks so much!"
~ Samantha Johnson